Background

Monday, April 18, 2016

Research, OCD, and Cloth Diapers

My husband has recently made an observation about me: when I become interested in something, I research the hell out of it and become obsessed with that topic until something else catches my interest or I learn as much as I want to know.  Right now, I'm obsessed with cloth diapers.  The problem with this obsession is that my baby won't be in need of diapering for another 2 months, roughly!  Either way, though, that gives me time to research to my heart's desire, and boy have I been busy!

Today I'd like to share some of my research.  Really, I'd like to share some of the YouTube channels/videos I've found to be helpful while researching:

Cloth Diapering 101:

Helpful Reviews:
  • Favorite Cloth Diapers of a Picky Mom <--This is a playlist by i dream in cloth where she gives her favorite cloth diapers in 7 videos.  She divides them up by type, so if you're just interested in one type, you can skip to that video.  Her first video in the playlist explains her requirements for her favorite diapers so you know how she's judging them.
  • Top 5 Favorite Cloth Diapers... <--This video is by Stephanie from MrsHojo4.  After watching her video I bought one each of her top 2 diapers, and the others I put on my registry to try.  Her speech is a little soft in this video (like maybe her baby is sleeping or something), but if I turn the volume up on my computer, I can hear her just fine.

Channels I Subscribe to:
  • i dream in cloth <-- Her name is Sarah.  I like her videos because her opinions and information come from a place similar to mine.  She has an HE washer like I do, and she prefers natural fabrics to synthetic ones as well as WAHM brands.
  • MrsHojo4 <-- Her name is Stephanie. This was the first cloth diapering YouTuber that I felt a connection to because of her views about cloth diapering.  She tends to like natural fabrics, especially hemp, she favors WAHM brands, and I like how thorough she is in her videos.
  • ObbsandLala <-- Her name is Kayla.  I like that she's straight forward in her videos.  She has a lot of really basic videos that give information a lot of CD YouTubers don't bother giving because they figure most of their viewers already know it.  Kayla is a good resource for someone who knows NOTHING about cloth diapering and needs a crash course.
____________________________________________________

Additionally, I have joined the following Facebook groups and would recommend the following link(s):
  • Fluff Love & CD Science <--This Facebook group is awesome.  So many answers! This group is affiliated with Fluff Love University, a website that has TONS of resources about cloth diapering: basics, how to wash (including washing machine and detergent indexes that are pretty substantial), cloth diaper myths, etc.
  • The Cloth Diaper Experiment <--Another great group.


I'm hoping that maybe I can help someone else on their cloth diapering journey since I've already done a lot of research on my own.  Also, if you have any other resources you'd like to share, please feel free to mention them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment