Background

Sunday, May 17, 2015

When it Rains, it Pours

In the last 7 days I have miscarried my first pregnancy and been in constant pain while having trouble finding a job, being stressed about my extended final internship and graduating, and dealing with my dog's torn PCL.  On top of everything, my husband is now in pain and his body may be trying to pass a kidney stone.

Why is it that when it rains, it pours?  I have had very little reason to complain in the last few years.  I had a great job, was doing really well in school, loved my pre-internships, and thought I was on my way to my dream career--what I was meant to do. 

Now?

My final internship bombed at Spring Break, I found out I was pregnant but then miscarried right after seeing my baby on an ultrasound for the first time, in order to finish my degree I'm having to jump through what feels like endless hoops, I have low hopes for finding a job in my immediate vicinity, my husband's new car is giving us multiple issues, we're having trouble selling the car we both love (but isn't family friendly), we're both in physical pain for different reasons, and we're both stressed.

I feel burnt out.  I want to curl up in a ball and sleep until everything goes away.  I'm tired of feeling like I have to prove myself to my supervising professor and the school where I'm interning.  I'm tired of feeling like I'm overreacting to losing a child that I never truly met.  I'm tired of cars and car parts and selling cars and posting ads for cars.  I'm tired of money and bills and jobs.  I'm tired of cramps and bleeding and pain.  I'm tired of feeling spiritually lost and alone and confused.  I'm really, really tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment