Background

Friday, July 18, 2014

Affirmations to Work on Me

I'm awesome.  I don't mean to sound stuck-up or snobby, but I have a hard time practicing positive self-talk so I need to get this out.

The truth is, if I don't tell myself I'm awesome or that I'm interesting or that I deserve to be happy and loved, who is going to tell me?  Well, my husband has been telling me for a few years now, but somehow my own self-doubt tends to cloud his well meaning compliments.  I won't believe my husband until I can actually compliment myself and mean it.



So, therefore, I am awesome.  I'm an interesting person.  I deserve love and happiness.  I'm not happy with how my body looks, but I am consistently working out and eating healthier so I'm working on improving my physique.  I am articulate and creative and I will be a great middle school and/or high school teacher when I graduate next spring.  I am determined so even though my full-time internship in the spring terrifies me, I will push forward and conquer that internship, and I will be awesome.

Because I'm awesome and interesting and deserving of love and happiness, I will crush my workout this afternoon.  Because I'm interesting, I will be comfortable with myself in my house alone this evening while my hubby is at work, and I will enjoy this Friday evening.  Because I deserve love and happiness, I will find and do something that makes me happy and inspires me.  Because I'm awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment