Background

Monday, April 7, 2014

Racism Makes Me Sick

I came across this article via Facebook. Unfortunately I have some far right wing nut jobs on my Facebook. It happens when you live in the south.

This article made me angry. This is my reaction:

Technically it is a violation of church and state and I know plenty of 7 and 9 year olds that talk like that quote. The reporter writing this article is delusional at best. Easter is a Christian religious holiday. Just as Easter has no place at a secular school, the word secular has no place next to the word Easter. A secular Easter is an oxymoron. Hate on me all you want but there is a line that should not be crossed concerning any race. This article is blatantly racist toward Muslims. The comments insinuating that all Muslims support Jihad are ridiculous, hurtful, and ignorant.

What are we going to do next, quarantine them and put them all into internment camps? Oh wait, didn't Germany already do that to the Jews?


--EDIT--

I just reread this post and wanted to make an important distinction.  I do have "friends" on Facebook that I would call "right wing nut jobs" but I didn't mean to insinuate that all Republicans are such.  As I neither lean to the right or the left exclusively, I do not identify as either Republican or Democrat.  I have actual real friends in both political parties that I respect and admire.  Where I make the distinction between a political enthusiast and a "nut job" is when someone completely refuses to see reason and logic.  Everyone and anyone is allowed their opinion, but to exclude all logic in order to uphold that opinion is ludicrous to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment