Background

Sunday, March 30, 2014

BOS Update

So apparently I just can't be happy with my BOS.  Well, I'm working on it anyway.  It seems I'm so afraid of messing up my book that I just avoid working on it.  But then I finally find a book that allows me to remove, add, and rearrange pages and it's too bulky and large; I didn't realize how big it was going to be!

So now I have yet another book of shadows to work on, and hopefully this one sticks.


I bought it at our annual medieval faire and I got the merchant to custom carve the cover from a tattoo idea I'd found:


I'm thinking about adding ink into the grooves so the pattern stands out more, but I haven't fully decided yet.

Anyway, this book doesn't have the ability to rearrange pages.  I can add more pages to it down the road, but I can't rearrange them.  So I went back to my post from a while back where I laid out a rough table of contents for my BOS and I'm taking another look at that.  

Because the paper in this book is made from cotton and has been primed, I'm using watercolor to add some color to the pages and I've decided I'm going to write in it myself using a quill and ink.  I was printing out the writing before and pasting it in the book.  It looks neater, but it doesn't have the power my handwriting does, so I've decided that, sloppy or not, I'm writing my BOS by hand.

I'm still pasting in found artwork because mine's just not up to par.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment