Background

Friday, December 27, 2013

TapouT XT -- Week 3

I've made it to week 3 of 12 in my TapouT XT videos. Today I have Cross Core Combat to do and I'm looking forward to it. I just wanted to give a little update to those who may be curious and kind of check in with updates relating to how I feel and what's going on with my "transformation."

Let me start by saying Happy Holidays to everyone and I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday of their choice. I personally celebrate Yule, or the Winter Solstice. My extended family, however, celebrates Christmas and so I end up celebrating that holiday with them. Anyway, for Christmas I received some very nice gifts. My mom got me a Keurig Vue coffee-maker. Of course, I don't drink coffee but it also brews tea and hot chocolate and I drink both of those! I also ended up receiving a healthy sum of money (in my opinion anyway) from my in-laws and I bought a juicer and a body analysis scale.

So! Updates! I put together the scale last night and Hubby and I played around with it some. I set up my Keurig and brewed a cup of sleepytime tea as well. I haven't had a chance to put together or set up the juicer yet but I bought a Breville juicer that I am really excited to try after watching all those documentaries on juicing and plant-based diets.

Onto TapouT XT updates. When I get home today I will be starting my 3rd week in the Tapout program and I must say I'm excited. I tried doing TapouT XT earlier this year (when I first bought the program), and I quit after feeling defeated by not enough time every day and going back to school at the same time. Well, this time I'm determined not to let school become an excuse not to exercise! While I do work full time, and I am in college full time, exercise needs to be a regular and routine part of my every day life --like eating or sleeping. I made straight A's this past semester while working full time, so I know I can exercise regularly and keep my grades up.

Anyway, doing Tapout this time around, I've noticed some differences. First, doing Tapout for just 2.5 weeks last time improved my strength tremendously; I can tell because this time around it actually seems easier. Tapout is still challenging and I can't keep up, but I've improved over the last time I tried it for sure. Mountain Biking is also helping and so is using the elliptical when I don't feel like doing an exceptionally hard Tapout video. Overall, I have been feeling healthier and I can tell when my bad habits surface because I tend to feel like crap.

Speaking of feeling like crap... I feel like crap! Because of the holidays, I've slacked on my healthy eating habits and I've let myself eat too much junk food (mostly chocolate but there's definitely some Pez candy in there too). I'm feeling sluggish and I even had the inkling of an anxiety attack around mid-morning today. I need to get back on the healthy eating because I can tell just how much it helps me feel better and healthier. I'm planning on getting out my juicer this evening and trying it out. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment